Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quick Job Update

Update:


So it only took HR 7 days to call the person they picked, but the end result was it wasn't me. It was a girl who was in my cohort in college who also long-term subbed at that school. While I'm happy for my friend and glad it went to someone who I feel is deserving of the job, I'm incredibly sad that I was not chosen. School starts in two weeks and I'm running out of time (and hope) and am having to face the reality that I might not have my own classroom this coming school year. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do should I not find a full time teaching job this fall, but I guess need to start weighing the various options now.

________________________________________________



Hi Friends! Just thought I would pop in and let you all know that I have a job interview this coming Wednesday (Aug. 3rd). It is for a 2nd grade position at the school where I long-term subbed this spring. While it may not be my ideal school, it is a for a grade I would love to teach and beggars can't be choosers. While I'm super excited about the prospect of teaching 2nd grade and just having a job in general, I'm also super nervous. I know I'm not the best at interviewing and I'm really hoping that I don't mess up my one chance at a full time job (I don't really expect that I'll get any more calls for full-time positions).

If you are the praying type, please keep me in your prayers on Wednesday. And if you have any advice or thoughts, I'd love to hear that too.

I will be headed out of town immediately after the interview but I'll do my best to post an update if/when I hear something.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer (and the last little bit of it for some of you). Here's so hopefully having my own classroom for the 2011-1012 school year!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck! I'm looking for a teaching job in Maryland too. It's brutal!

Nicole said...

Best of luck to you Morgan! I found your blog after hopping from one teaching blog to the next... no idea how I actually found yours. I've become addicted to teaching blogs! SO MANY GREAT IDEAS!

Anyhow, I'm a teacher (err "teacher") in Michigan. I've actually been a Literacy Coach for the past 5 years and have yet to find/get a full time teaching postion. Teaching positions in MI are so competitive.

I hope you have/had a great interview and hopefully get the job!

Nicole
oh-my-words.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. I am kind of in the same boat. I left my full-time teaching job four years ago so that I could go to graduate school. Since completing my masters program, I have been teaching part-time at the local community college and university for two years while looking for an elementary teaching position. It is hard to not be able to do the thing you love and feel called to. I will keep you in my prayers.