Saturday, March 28, 2009

Book Review - Beware of the Storybook Wolves

I stumbled upon this book in a local book store that sell lots of unique and used books, Ukazoo. I didn't read through it while I was there, I just grabbed it because I thought it looked cute. Plus it was only $5.

This story is adorable. It's about a little boy, Herb, who is afraid that the wolves in his favorite storybooks will come alive at night and want to eat him. When his mom leaves one of his books in his room one night, his worse nightmare comes true, and the wolves come to get him. So Herb has to use his head, as well as his other storybooks, in order to get rid of the wolves and not get eaten.

This is defiantly a good read-aloud book. The only thing I don't like about it is the creative use of font. While it looks really cool and defiantly adds to the book, some are a bit tricky to read.

Grade Level: Pre-K - 3rd

No comments: